Free UK Mainland Delivery
On all orders over £125
Available on all our ranges
3 Year Guarantee
On all made to measure blinds
Forgotten your password?
Shopping cart is empty.
Need help? Call us on local rate
Secure payment methods
Perfect Fit Blinds
Vertical Blind Slats
Perfect Fit Venetian Blinds
Pleated Free hanging Blinds
Perfect Fit Roller Blinds
Pleated Skylight Blinds
Perfect Fit Pleated Blinds
Next Day Blinds
Thermal Energy Saving Blinds
Solar Control Blinds
Browse By Room
HELP & ADVICE
Child Blinds Safety
Cleaning and Maintenance
Our Policy On Privacy
Why Direct Blinds?
Removing and Replacing
Call Us on
Though it's a simple thing to do, measuring your windows for blinds requires precision and time - rushed numbers may risk a disappointing fit. Here, we've got all the help you'll need to make sure you're measuring accurately, just remember to be sure of your numbers before you order, and always check them twice!
You will need:
• Metal tape measure
• Pen and paper close to hand
Read our Measuring Guides
How to Measure for Blinds
How to Measure Bay Window Blinds
Measuring for Curtains
Watch Our Video's on How to Measure
Measuring for Roller Blinds
Measuring for Venetian Blinds
Measuring for Vertical Blinds
Measuring for Wooden Blinds
Measuring for Pleated Blinds
Measuring for Panel Blinds
Measuring for Roman Blinds
Measuring for Vision Blinds
Measuring for Perfect Fit Blinds
Measuring for Vertical Slats Only
Things to remember
It's vital to consider protruding objects like window handles or tiles that may get in the way of your blind. You'll need to take their position into account, as it could affect how and where you hang your blind. Similarly, be mindful of where the blind controls will be positioned when measuring too.
As mentioned above, it's always of benefit to double check your measurements! It can help us, and you, if all your measurements are in the same metric, be that centimetres or inches.
Each specific blind type will have different requirements in terms of measuring, too, so be sure to take a close look at the advice given on the following pages. If you find you need more guidance, be sure to get in touch.
Other information you may need to know are the deductions or clearance allowances we make when blinds are ordered as Recess Size. These are deducted from the recess size you give us, resulting in the finished(exact overall) blind size we manufacture to. This results in a neat and snug fit into your window opening, with no catching.
The clearance allowances we deduct are as follows:
• Aluminium Venetian 15MM and 25MM ---> 13MM off width and 6MM off drop.
• Aluminium Venetian 35MM and 50MM ---> 13MM off width and 12MM off drop.
• Wooden Venetian 25MM/35MM/50MM and 63MM ---> 13MM off width and 12MM off drop.
• Vertical blinds ---> 6MM off width and 13MM off drop. Note: Vanes only are 50mm less overall than a recessed drop and 37mm less than an exact/blind-size drop.
• Roller blinds ---> 4MM taken off wall to bracket (exact) width.
(Overall from wall to cloth there is a total gap of 34MM.)
• Panel blinds ---> 10MM off width and 15MM off drop.
• Roman blinds ---> 10mm off width.
• Vertical Slats Only---> No tolerances made.
• Pleated Freehanging/Skylight---> 10MM taken off the width. No deduction from the drop.
Supplied finished blind sizes will be within the British Standard EN13120 for manufacturing tolerances.
Proud to have been featured by
Back to top